The following are the recommended resources that we use to run our own online businesses.
We thought it would be helpful to create a resource page that you can always come to for all of your online business needs. We’ll add to it as we learn more. We recommend bookmarking it for your reference and convenience.
Please note that some of the items are free, the others are affiliate links to products that will earn us a commission. These are all things that we have experience with that we are recommending because they are helpful and are companies that we trust.
We recommend BlueHost for four reasons.
- Dependable hosting with excellent customer service
- Easy to use, one-click WordPress installation
(our suggested platform for creating and managing your website and content)
- Plenty of hosting storage space and bandwidth for file transfer
- Competitive pricing, highly recommended for your first website.
We currently host a number of our sites with them.
We buy our domains through our hosting service for ease and convenience.
Email List Management
The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing tool. It is critical to use the right service to manage your email list because it is one of your most important assets for running a profitable online business.
Instant Site Launch and Content Management Software
The most popular free tool for both websites and stand-alone blogs. This is the software that we use to run this site and our other websites. It is free, and it is the quickest and easiest way to launch a website. If you’re not familiar with WordPress, I’d suggest reading through WordPress All-in-One For Dummies
SEO ready and easy to customize themes for your WordPress Site.
With 99Designs, you can put out a request for graphic design work – whether it’s logos, blog themes, book covers, banner ads, or what have you and rather than getting back quotes and proposals you actually get back fully completed concept designs from designers. It’s in a contest format. You submit the description of what you want, and designers will compete against each other to win projects.
Keyword Research Tool
- Keyword Winner: The number one WordPress plugin for keyword research available. You can see more detail about Keyword Winner here.
- Google Adwords Tool: A tool to help you decide what keywords to use for your Google Adwords campaigns. You can also use it for your keyword research manually.
Offers a easy and affordable way to take care of common legal matters, such as online incorporation or LLC creation.